Investment Chart Kondratiev Wave

Investment Chart Kondratiev Wave

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Fed contaminated by Valentine fever



Via blogs (Justin Wolfers and http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/10/fedvalentines) and twitter a kind of Valentine excitement has aroused: how can you practise the Valentine thought Fed-style.

The FED is for one day not dovish, but turtledovish.
The FED is clearly to try to pick up new admirers with the biggest punch bowl ever, for an extended period. Even while the see activity growing, there has to come much more stimulus.
The dual mandate to please as well as the inflation fearing as the unemployment avoiding a new technique will be implemented: the turtledove strategy to give everything the loved ones want to have (even while they still see exceptional low levels of activity in the coming years, what can be damaging for the Valentine thought).

The last months I thought often that the FED had a secret love affair with inflation and now it seems confirmed (even while it seems to be a sadomasochistic relation).

Examples how the Valentine fever has inspired several Fed banks and others (source blog Deus Ex Macchiato):
@justinwolfers: You’re my long-run target; my nominal anchor.
@SFFedReserve: I’m going to extraordinary measures to increase your stimulus
@AtlantaFed: I long for you as the economy longs for its long-run maximum potential
@PhiladelphiaFed: Her deviations are never standard, her probabilities never mean.
@PhiladelphiaFed: My initial projections never forecast someone like you would be in my next quarter.
@alanbeattie: I’d like to borrow you overnight and then hold you to maturity
@planetmoney: But, soft! What light through yonder discount window breaks? It is the East, and Ben is the sun.
@sffedreserve: My love is elastic, my commitment too big to fail

No comments:

Post a Comment